Quality Tennis Discussion

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2017 5:32 am  #11

Re: 2017 U.S. Open Contest

Have you gotten a chance to see it?

11/18/2017 12:14 am  #12

I did watch it, Keys never appeared to settle down, overcome by the moment, but Stephens played very well, showing a composure she never exhibited before the U.S. Open or since. I really liked Stephens early in her career but I am virtually positive this will be a one-off performance. She's got a ton of bad characteristics, the most important of which is refusing to fight when she's not playing well. I don't think she believed she could win the U.S. Open or any slam ever when it started, and that sort of took the pressure off her and allowed her to play with freedom. She's definitely got the game--a combination of defense, offense and speed that is unique in the watered-down state of women's tennis without Serena. 

I still see Keys as a multiple slam winner and future No. 1, but since I did not see that final result coming at all, maybe I'll be wrong about that, too. 

12/30/2017 3:17 pm  #13

I think Stephens will get another slam, but it's not going to be consistent, and Keys will probably be in the semis and finals more often.

Board footera