Quality Tennis Discussion

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2015 10:38 am  #1

2015 ATP Finals

My predictions: 

Stan Smith group

1) Djokovic  3-0
2) Federer   2-1
3) Berdych  1-2
4) Nishikori  0-3

Ilie Nastase group

1) Murray 2-1
2) Wawrinka 2-1
3) Nadal 1-2
4) Ferrer 1-2

Semifinals

Djokovic d. Wawrinka 6-3, 7-6
Federer d. Murray 6-3, 6-3

Final 

Federer d. Djokovic 7-5, 1-6, 7-5

Comments

Hopefully this even will be better than last year's dreadful edition, when every match was an annihilation until the semi between Federer and Wawrinka, and the crackerjack final between Federer and Djokovic never happened due to Fed's back injury. 

I will be shocked if the final is not those two guys again this year. Neither Berdych nor an injured Nishikori will trouble either of them, and whoever emerges as the champion from the other group will be vulnerable: Murray because his mind will be on Davis Cup, Wawrinka because he simply has not played that well since the French Open, Nadal because it's the year-end indoor event and Ferrer because he's Ferrer. 

11/18/2015 6:10 am  #2

Re: 2015 ATP Finals

The funches curse is alive and well, with Federer beating Djokovic and Nishikori beating Berdych.

What are we to make of Federer beating Djokovic, given that the court is playing slower?  Just a bad day?  Djokovic's year catching up to him?  But I agree with you that Djokovic and Federer should meet in the final.  That is, unless Federer decides to throw the match to Nishikori to block Djokovic out (unlikely, but possible).

11/20/2015 11:56 am  #3

Re: 2015 ATP Finals

Djokovic has lost 3 times to Federer this year and 3 times to everyone else.

I think Federer would have beaten Djokovic at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open if he had played like he had in the lead up matches.

That said, Djokovic wasn't engaged in their round Robin match. The final would be totally different.

Board footera